We Protect Your Value while we protect the planet
Digital 4 Circular Value Chain
Web technology has the potential to bring enormous benefits to society and the environment, but only if we use it wisely. The internet currently produces around 3.8% of global carbon emissions, which are increasing online with our “hunger to consume more data”. Renewable energy accounted for only 26.2% of global electricity production in 2018.
Sustainable web design is an approach to designing web services that puts people and the planet first. It delivers digital products and services that respect the principles of the Sustainable Web Manifesto: clean, efficient, open, honest, regenerative and resilient.
As part of the European Green Deal, the European Commission presented in March 2020 a new action plan for the circular economy, in which it announced a circular electronics initiative that would promote longer product life and include, among others, the following actions
- regulatory measures for electronics and ICT, including mobile phones, tablets and laptops under the Ecodesign Directive;
- implementation of the “right to repair”, including the right to update obsolete software;
- regulatory measures on chargers for mobile phones and similar devices (including the introduction of a universal charger);
- improved collection and treatment of waste electrical and electronic equipment;
- revision of EU rules on restrictions of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Art / Culture
Computing / TLC
Education and Training
Industry - Machinery
Textile / Clothing Industry
Travel / Tourism / Leisure